Monday, February 16, 2009

V-Day

Valentine's day started off with me wanting to go grocery shopping. I wanted to do that first thing in the morning to get it out of the way, but Ro wanted to get something to eat to prevent me from fainting at the grocery store (I almost fainted at Safeway 2 weeks ago - Ro and the cashier had to walk me to a table and they got the manager out and everything)... So, before we went and did that we headed off to IHOP in Newark. I was surprised by how many people were there already. I thought we would have beat the crowed cause by the time we got there it was about 8:45am, but there were hella folks eating already! After the yummy meal, we went to Safeway and Ranch 99 and I didn't feel faint not one time! lol

We headed for Massage Envy at 1:15. Ro got a Deep Tissue Massage (he's still hurtin' til this day) and I got a Prenatal Massage. Mine was OK. I just wish I was able to lay on my stomach and the masseuse didnt want to go as firm as I wanted her to cause she said she "didn't know my body"... MUN. lol Plus she avoided massaging my feet and hands because there are pressure points on those parts of the body that can cause early labor and she just didn't wanna go there.. The only thing that I wished was that 1) the massage was longer 2) my masseuse didn't talk as much (she talked about her daughter wanting to be a nurse and she's currently doing ROP in Hayward) and 3) it was more dim in the room... When I get massages at Burke Williams, the rooms are pretty dim and I get relaxed hella fast! Other than that, it was definitely a nice treat..

6:45pm was the time for our dinner reservations at E & O Trading Company in San Jose. We were on time until we went to park in the garage and as we entered we found out it was a prepay parking for $3 cash only.. I had only $2 in coins and Ro didn't have cash at all.. So, we had to U-Turn out of there and find other parking areas. It was already like 6:48pm so I called E & O's to tell them that we were just parking and that we'd walk over soon, so they bumped our reservations to 7pm. After driving around for a couple minutes we pass a BofA, Ro parks next to a hydrant and runs to get some cash. He hops back in, we drive back to that same garage cause now we have cash and what do you frikken know, they pull out the sign in front of us that says Garage (frikken) Full. So, we had to U-Turn out of that piece a second time! We drive down a little bit and notice another garage close by so we entered in there... What sucks is that THIS garage wasn't a prepaid/cash only garage.. So this whole time, we could have parked there! Oh well, next time we know which garage takes what.. It was a little further down, but we still made it to the restaurant on time. Plus it was nice to walk outside in the fresh crisp air and people watch. The restaurant had good food and great ambiance. The ladies were also given a tulip for Vday - so that was nice too.. Besides the parking drama, dinner was fun and we were hellla full!

I also got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Joy for Valentine's Day! Thanks hoo! You can kinda see the tulip I got from E&O - it's in the front leaning to the left. I know, I could have done a better arrangement by cutting it a bit shorter - but isn't it so cute!!

Hope yalls had a wonderful VDay!

1 comment:

R. Pali said...

It's Tuesday, February 17th...My shoulders are still sore.