Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Always Neighbors....

Last Friday Joy, Jase, Ro and I decided to join Lilaville on their annual camping trip to Del Valle in Livermore. It's been a couple of years since I last camped with my family (not really the outdoorsy type) so I thought well, why not - this should be fun. Plus we were only going to stay over one night cause we had planned on taking Mookie to the city all day Saturday, so that meant we didn't have to pack as much - sweet!!

A few days before we were to leave for camping the weather in the Bay was straight up killer. The weather off the coast was probably in the 80's so imagine what the weather was like in Livermore! I thought I was going to have a heat stroke!

Anyway, the weather that afternoon was probably over 100 degrees, but we left for the camp site after work so we didn't feel it as bad as the others who got there at 1pm.. The warmth actually felt pretty good by the time we go to the campsite; it was probably 90 degrees with a warning of high fire danger!! But wasn't killer like I thought it would be.

So, we finally find our camp sites and unpack the cars and walk to our tents (which were already assembled by Uncle C) and found that we were HELLA CLOSE neighbors with Joy and Jase! It was so cute cause we have the same exact tents (color and everything) and they even tied our tents together! I don't know why they did this, probably cause if there was to be strong winds in the middle of the night, we'd get blown away together - hahaha. Anyways, Joy and I kept saying "awww, always neighbors!!!!"and it reminded me of the times when we were both single and stuck to the hip - we were always together no matter what!!

Now that we're married (to the best husbands), it just made me realize we'll always be close (as sisters) and hopefully as neighbors...

6 comments:

R. Pali said...

this was a killer emotional post!! LOL!!!

Edelee said...

awww! that's sweet!

Lanie said...

awwww how sweet..

btw I love your new template!!! hella cute!

Joy said...

awww.....

DUDE! Why are we slouching?

LMAO.

I love you too Neighbor!

Rizzi said...

i know! jason said we did unnecessary slouches! modes.

R. Pali said...

hahaha!!! yeah, why are you two semi-squatting?